Summary of Lesson #9
1. A definition of "law.""American Heritage"
- a rule of conduct or procedure established by custom, agreement, or authority.
2. Jesus gave a new commandment. "John 13:34"
|John 13:34 |
-A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
3. If we love Jesus, we will keep all His commandments."John 14:15"
|John 14:15 |
- If you love me, keep my commandments.
4. The Spirit of God would guide Jesus' disciples into all truth."John 16:12"
|John 16:12,13 |
- I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come
5. The Word of God is called the perfect law of liberty and is able to save our souls."James 1:21,25"
6. We are still under a law and the law is fulfilled in "loving our neighbor"
|James 1:21 |
- 21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
- 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
|Galatians 5:14 |
- 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.`