"Body of the Shadows" courseSummary of Lesson #3
6 points with chart:
1. The great commission recorded in Acts, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are combined in a chart.
2. The apostles of Jesus wait for the Holy Spirit's arrival in Jerusalem. Jesus is sending the Spirit from the Father.
5 "for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
8 "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."
3. The Holy Spirit arrives along with a sound from Heaven. Acts 2:3,4
|Acts 2 |
3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
4. The twelve apostles stand up together and preach about Jesus: His crucifixion, resurrection, and coronation as King.Acts 2:23,24; 30,31
23 "Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death;
24 "whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.
30 "Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne,
31 "he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ...
5. Jesus is the Lord spoken by the prophet Joel in whose authority one is saved.Acts 2:21,36
21 And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.' 36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."
6. God showed His approval of Jesus by His performing miracles, wonders, and signs.Acts 2:22
22 "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know--
7. God showed His approval of the apostles by His performing signs.Mark 16:20
20 And they [apostles] went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs.